12th Annual Spirit of Competition Award Honoring Emerson Fittipaldi | December 2
December 2, 2019 @ 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is pleased to officially announce our 12th annual Spirit of Competition award winner. Each year a distinguished figure from motorsports who has a specific inspirational message is selected.
We invite you to join us as we celebrate the life and legacy of one of motorsports living legends.
On Monday, December 2nd we will present our 12th Spirit of Competition award to:
Emerson Fittipaldi will forever be known as one of the most accomplished and proficient race car drivers of all time, with a career in motorsports that has spanned over five decades. Some of Emerson’s most significant achievements include.
- TWO-TIME FORMULA 1 CHAMPION (1972 & 1974)
- YOUNGEST F1 CHAMPION IN FORMULA 1 (1972)
- YOUNGEST F1 CHAMPION AND MANUFACTURER CUP CHAMPION (1972)
- TWO-TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 WINNER (1989 & 1993)
- INDYCAR SERIES CHAMPION (1989) (CART)
- ONLY PERSON TO HAVE WON BOTH F1 CHAMPIONSHIP AND INDY 500 MORE THAN ONCE (1972 & 1974 / 1989 & 1993 AND CART CHAMPIONSHIP)
We are honored to award this year’s “Spirit of Competition” to a recipient that has given so much of his life to the sport. Emerson Fittipaldi reflects the true epitome for which the award was named.
Please join us in honoring Emerson on Monday, December 2nd with our 12th “Spirit of Competition” award. Automotive impresario, founder, and director of the Amelia Island Concours, Bill Warner will act as MC.
The event will begin at 6:00 pm and consist of a dinner with an open bar, an interview between Bill and Emerson, and the award ceremony itself.